Monday 7 May 2018

Diary Entry

In room 5 my reading group was looking at books about the war and did a bit of research on the war. We had to write a diary entry from the perspective of a soldier in the war.

Sunday 10th January 1916

Dear diary,

I feel like the war will never end. Today my chap got hit by a bomb shell and has been taken away by a nurse, but I haven’t seen him since this morning. I miss my family. I got a telegram from my wife saying she had a baby and called him Arthur. I have been trying to fight as much as I can,but it is hard watching people get shot and taken away. I found a man in a pit with a shot leg. He was a German but I didn’t care he was tired and hurt.So I decided to help him out of the pit and bandage up his wound. He hopped away and turned around and smiled at me. I think this made both our days. At the end of the day we were all tired and I felt like a dog in a kennel chained to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment